| "Drowning in Materialism" by Nathalie Camusso |
Louboutins. Rolex. BMW. Yet, I still wasn't happy.
I've been called superficial, spoiled, and egocentric.
However, I always remind myself that this social mask is not who I really am. The one in the mirror isn't me, my being is much greater than the naked eye would ever be able to see.
How many times have we worn a social mask in pursuit for approval: to be "normal" and to "fit in"?
Consume this, consume that. Do not conform to societal wishes.. Each day we are being told what to buy, what to eat and how to act in order to "fit in."
Be yourself and don't wait for approval.
People are so deluded by image. We are living in superficial relationships, constantly trying to impress one another while becoming no one. It is important for us to stop letting these materialistic items define us.
Society cares about what you possess, not who you are. May we learn to become a society that does not criticize and judge others for being different.
We must learn to differentiate what we need from what we want.
Personal gratification is only temporary.
Bliss lasts forever. Seek from within..
Be Humble. Simplify. Be Happy. & Stop Judging, God dammit.
Youre really good at catching my attention when you write. The way you express yourself grammatically keeps the reader(Me) highly intrigued.
ReplyDeleteI especially like the way you speak your mind in questions so that the reader(Me) can come to a complete self discovery.
Thank you Daniel! As a writer my goal is to not only catch, but maintain my audiences attention. Your kind words truly mean alot.
ReplyDeleteThe problem with today's society is they base who you are off of what you possess and for some reason the one's who have less than you become envious of you opposed to congratulating you on your success
ReplyDelete"Drowning in Materialism" The title caught my attention and as I began to read I could relate myself more and more with the writer. There's many people I see that try to follow others foot steps instead of just being who they are. I like how you try to see eye to eye with the ready. Great blog!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat post ! At times I catch myself wanting the lastest fashion or gadgets. Then I think to myself, is this something I need or WANT. I believe that's the biggest problem our society is facing with now. Like on your post "society cares about what you possess, not who your are." That needs to change.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree this world has become completely superficial. We all have a mask in fear of being judged when we should all be taking it off and just accepting one another.
ReplyDeleteYour one lucky child :-) don't change for no one, bliss lasts forever! Lol
ReplyDelete